Hi there. We’re GridPlus. We’re a small team of experts in decentralized networks, embedded firmware, and applied cryptography. We've built the world's most secure and flexible cryptocurrency hardware wallet, the Lattice1, and we'd like your help in making it the world's best tool for securely storing and using your crypto.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to provide anything else you think is relevant such as coding samples (Github, Stackoverflow, etc.) or blog posts, we’d love to take a look!
Technical Support Engineer (Remote)
We are looking for someone willing to dive in and learn our product backwards and forwards and then provide consistently exceptional support on multiple platforms. The most important skill for this position is the ability to understand technical topics in-depth and then break them down and explain them to both experienced and new crypto users.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who is passionate about crypto and has been interested in or worked in the space for some time. You can be anywhere in the world. English fluency required.
- Provide technical support for Lattice1 hardware wallet users through investigating and troubleshooting customer issues across multiple channels including social media, Discord and HubSpot tickets.
- Provide a seamless support experience for GridPlus customers.
- Follow customer support scripts and decision trees and help with their optimization.
- Coordinate with team engineers at regularly scheduled times for assistance with tickets escalated due to technical difficulty.
- Collaborate on maintaining and updating our public knowledge base and internal process documentation.
- Flexibility to be on call on occasion (following an agreed upon protocol) for time-sensitive incidents and escalations.
- You love crypto, learn quickly and have a technical mind!
- A thorough understanding of the Ethereum ecosystem and its popular tools and applications, including DeFi, NFTs, and DEXes.
- Comfort with core blockchain concepts and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate these ideas to Lattice1 users.
- Understanding of hardware wallets and cryptocurrency personal security best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Comfort independently managing a high volume of customer inquiries.
- Experience with technical support and/or managing online communities.
- Last but not least, we prefer candidates who understand and are part of the crypto culture.
- Technical background.
- Fluency in additional languages.
Software Engineer - Phonon Protocol (Remote)
Phonon is a brand new, layer zero, chain-agnostic protocol enabling linearly scalable, private, peer to peer, zero fee transfers of blockchain assets made possible by leveraging secure hardware.
GridPlus released the working Alpha code, spun out the protocol's ownership, and we're looking for a talented backend focused software engineer with an interest in blockchains and security to help GridPlus develop a class leading Phonon client and contribute to the development of the protocol itself.
This is a project in its early stages with huge potential. This position would be great for a creative and technically excellent engineer who wants to get involved in product and protocol design for a novel system with a wide variety of potential applications and technical challenges alike.
Find out more about Phonon at https://phonon.network/.
- Development of the phonon-client in golang.
- Assistance with the overall design and specification of the phonon-network protocol.
- Integration with and development of the phonon-applet on the JavaCardOS platform.
- Integration with frontend phonon interfaces and existing blockchain wallets.
- Developed backend applications in Golang or a similar backend language
- Experience with or strong understanding of blockchains, especially Ethereum and Bitcoin, and blockchain primitives like keypairs.
- Experience with applied cryptography and security principles, such as ECDH, SSL, AES, etc.
- Nice to have experience with Java, JavaCardOS, or embedded systems in general
Manufacturing Engineer (Austin, TX)
We are looking for an experienced manufacturing engineer to lead our production process in conjunction with our contract manufacturer and oversee a significant increase in scale.
Our ideal candidate will have an electrical engineering background and have experience debugging test systems.
This role entails oversight of and responsibility for the entire manufacturing process as well as procurement and supply chain management.
• Oversee manufacturing process from end to end.
• Serve as primary point of contact for contract manufacturer in order to ensure smooth and continuous production of goods.
• Debug and root cause emergent manufacturing defects and issues.
• Continuously refine and optimize existing processes to diminish factory defects and RMA rate.
• Track statistical data on production, defect rates, etc.
• Create documentation on all processes with the goal of expanding your team to include additional staff, logistics experts, etc.
• Plan scaling efforts for ramping up production to meet demand.
• Coordinate efforts with and provide feedback to the hardware and firmware engineering teams.
• 3+ years of experience as a manufacturing engineer.
• Experience with production, testing, and programming of consumer electronics boards.
• Knowledge of and experience with JTAG and QSPI.
• Willingness to engage in supply chain management, component procurement, and coordination of shipments.
• Experience in project management, quality control, and quantitative analysis of manufacturing processes.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• A desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment to build a team from the ground floor up.
• Knowledge of or a desire to learn more about blockchains and cryptography.
• Experience with Python.
• Understanding of secure hardware best practices and hardware wallets.
Crypto Engineer (Remote)
GridPlus is looking for an experienced software engineer to handle development of software related to cryptocurrencies. This is a full stack role ranging from web to firmware.
- Build and support Lattice1 integrations for external products, such as browser extensions;
- Develop new features for the GridPlus SDK, keeping them in synced with Lattice1 firmware.
- Develop application-level firmware code. Our codebase is in embedded C but you will only be working with high level application code (e.g. transaction building, file management, screens, etc).
- Help root cause customer issues when needed.
- Familiarity with Ethereum, Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, and programmable blockchain networks;
- Proven record of managing complexity and producing software using best practices, especially the management of multiple disparate software components.
- Nice to have experience with decentralized apps and Web3 experience;
- Nice to have experience with systems programming (Rust, C, C++, etc), but not required;
Location in a time zone between UTC -9 and +1 is desired.
Return to top.
Embedded Firmware Engineer (Remote)
- Develop high-value, airtight firmware for a secure microcontroller unit (MCU)
- Oversee development of application firmware code, ensuring best practices and especially memory safety
- Debug (and write) lower level code related to e.g. driver logic
- Write test-harnesses, unit tests, and integration tests to verify functionality of secure MCU
- Write specifications about the firmware you’re developing, i.e. document your work as you go
- 3-5 years firmware development experience (C, Rust, etc)
- Experience with C in 32 bit micro controller environment
- Unit testing in C, preferably with MCU development
- Experience with small-footprint, low-power embedded systems
- Experience with code coverage and static analysis tools
- Experience with automated testing systems
- Experience with cross-platform development toolchains
- Experience with I2C, SPI, UART, JTAG communication protocols
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing finite state machines
Impress Us With:
- Experience with embedded Linux
- Understanding and passion about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology
- Understanding about public key cryptography, including asymmetric keys and ECDSA in particular
- Experience as a member of a red team performing penetration and security testing of embedded systems
Location in a time zone between UTC -9 and +1 is desired.
Return to top.